lunes, 20 de octubre de 2014

Lesson 16. Single's Friday Nigth

20/Oct/14

It's a sort of no signed deal between my husband and me. Friday is the day for going out with friends, unfortunatelly not together so far (someone has to look after the kid). It is a flexible pattern, you know, we try not to do it both the same day, but sometimes it happens...Last Friday I had a date with my classmates to watch a film ("the hundred-foot journey", you should watch it if it´s possible) and after we had a drink in the Art Centre's cellar.
The group is quite motley, Italian, French, Chinese, English and of course Spanish people. Most of them are in their twenties. It has been being very interesting (and amusing too) to speak with all of them. Despite of the language barrier, we manage to understand us. Obviously a couple of pints help fairly...
I'm one of the oldest but the youngest looked amazed at me when they saw me danzing as a real heavymetal-supporter with the Guns and Roses' "sweet child of mine". Now I'm "wild Mercedes" in their minds.
I supose we can always have the chance to live our "Erasmus experience" (though you're in your fourties); and I will not waste it!!!




Es una especie de acuerdo no escrito entre mi marido y yo. El viernes es el dia para salir con los amigos, por desgracia hasta ahora por separado (uno de los dos tiene que cuidar al niño). Es un una cosa flexible, ya sabes, intentamos no salir el mismo dia pero a veces pasa... El viernes pasado tenía una cita con mis compis de clase para ir al cine ("the hundred-foot journey, deberíais verla si podéis) y después fuimos a tomar algo al bar del Art Centre.
El grupo es bastante variopinto: italianos, franceses, chinos, ingleses y desde luego españoles. La mayoria son veinteañeros. Está siendo muy interesante ( y también divertido) hablar con todos ellos. A pesar de la barrera lingüísitca, nos apañamos para entendernos. Obviamente un par de cervezas son de bastante ayuda...
Yo soy una de las mayores pero los más jóvenes me miraban alucinados cuando me vieron bailar como una auténtica fan metálica con el "sweet child of mine" de los Guns and Roses. Ahora me ven como la "salvaje Mercedes".
Supongo que siempre podemos tener la oportunidad de vivir nuestra "experiencia Erasmus" (aunque seas cuarentona), y yo no pienso desaprovecharla!!!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario