jueves, 16 de octubre de 2014

Lesson 15. Rain drops keep fallen on my head

14/10/14

Finally Fall's come to Stamford. Yesterday it rained cats and dogs the whole day. The wind was so strong that my umbrella was unable to avoid me getting wet. I realized why English people don't use it. They're so used to this weather that they don't mind if it's chilly, cloudy, windy or whatever.
Perhaps if you have a cup of boiling tea as they do, you can turn up an eye and just go on.
I usually have my peppermint tea at "Delicatessen Stamford" during the class break. There you can find different sort of Spanish, Italian or English products. This morning I could see "tortas de aceite de San Martin de Porres" (amazing, isn't it?) and I thought.... What a little world!
Good times for me, if I can share a snack whit the sweet French Helénè near midday, enjoy chatting with Justyne (a polish mother) while we wait for our children at school or have a nice dinner with Katarina (my Slovakian friend).
It's worth, I guess, some drops or this grey sky.

3 comentarios:

  1. But that doesn't mean muy ejes will soon be turning red....

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. thank you brother.....I'm proud of you, or at least, of your English level.
      Could you please help me to improve my writing??? lots of kisses for you all!!!

      Eliminar
  2. muy ejes = my ejes
    Damned Predictive Text!

    ResponderEliminar