viernes, 13 de febrero de 2015

Lesson 37 I don't want a Valentine....I do want a Valentino.

If you want my honest opinion, I've always thought that Saint Valentine's celebration is a huge pretentiousness. Except you're thirteen, in that case, it's perfectly acceptable. Obviously everyone will celebrate it or not and I won't criticize them. Unless they dress in red. Alright, I'll keep my mouth closed. Just finished Christmas, I've noticed some clues for the next 'important' festive ocassion: leaflets in Waitrose (a supermarket) advertising flowers sales ('Book your Valentine's bunch now'), lots of magazine pages giving you presents ideas for him or her, special 'love' dishes to cook, lingerie to inspire love, sensible articles tittled 'why do fall in love?", heart shaped cakes, local website speed dating adverts on 13th and 14th February, thousands of cards referring to the issue, the typical chocolates or champagne..... You should give a little (or big) present to your mate (the environment pressure push you)and you'll became a little (or big) cutesy fellow (shorts your mind). Today or tomorrow, I'm not sure, it's the '50 shadows of Grey' premiere for good measure. It's expected crowded cinemas of snooping or sexually dissatisfied (or just science-fiction fans) women for the next weeks. Perhaps some of them can persuade their boyfriends or husbands to join them and those men will agree in the hope that the girls are more receptive after the film....who knows? Love industry makes a lot of money, and that's O.K. I'm glad for it. But I'm not spending even a quid in that things. After what I've said, it's patently clear that romanticism is not one of my strengths. I don't mind. I have others, like the sense of humour. One of my latest friends has just said to me: "Trust me, dear, I don't need a Valentine, I do need a Valentino". Brilliant, Eva, you make me laugh my head off !!!
Si queréis mi opinión sincera, yo siempre he pensado que celebrar San Valentín es una enorme cursilada. Salvo que tengas 13 años, en ese caso, es perfectamente admisible. Evidentemente cada uno lo celebrará o no, y yo no lo criticaré. A menos que se vista de rojo. De acuerdo, mantendré cerrada la boca. Recién acabada la Navidad, he advertido algunas pistas para la siguiente celebración "importante": folletos en Waitrose (un supermercado) anunciando la venta de flores ("reserve su ramo de San Valentín ahora"), montones de páginas de revistas dándote ideas para regalar a él o a ella, platos especiales "de amor" para cocinar, sesudos artículos titulados "¿Por qué nos enamoramos?", lencería para enamorar, tartas con forma de corazón, sitios web locales anuncian citas rápidas el 13 y 14 de febrero, miles de tarjetas que tienen que ver con el tema, las típicas chocolatinas o el champán... Deberías tener un pequeño (o gran) detalle con tu pareja (a eso te empuja la presión ambiental) y llegarás a ser un pequeño (o gran) cursi (te grita la razón). Por si fuera poco hoy o mañana, no estoy segura, es el estreno de las "50 sombras de Grey". Se esperan cines abarrotados de mujeres curiosas o sexualmente insatisfechas (o simplemente aficionadas a la ciencia ficción) las próximas semanas. Quizá algunas puedan convencer a sus novios o maridos para que las acompañen, y aquellos hombres accederán con la esperanza de que las chicas estén más receptivas tras la película....quién sabe? La industria del amor es muy rentable, y eso está bien. Me alegro. Pero yo no me voy a gastar un duro en esas cosas. Después de lo que he dicho, queda muy claro que el romanticismo no es una de mis fortalezas. No me importa. Tengo otras, como el sentido del humor. Una de mis recientes amigas me acaba de decir: "créeme querida, no necesito un Valentiín. Lo que necesito es un Valentino." Genial, Eva, me parto de risa contigo!!!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario