domingo, 1 de febrero de 2015

Lesson 34. Risky Sport

There's no doubt. I'm not a sportwoman. I hate doing exercise. I've always been very bad at sports in general. P.E. at school was a nightmare. But in those years I still gave my best to get acceptable marks or maybe to become more popular. At 13, I belonged to the volleyball school team. I don't know why, actually. Most of time I was sitting on the reserve bench, anyway. However that didn't keep me from setting a record: to throw down every single hurdle on a hurdle run (my P.E. teacher encorauged me to do the test...yelling me: Yes, you can!!! Come on !!! ..... And I run and jumped unsuccessfully over and over, shattering my knees on every repeated fall). Enterly discouraging. Ending my grade at the University, I decided to join a couple of friends who were training for the Civil Guardian physical entrance test. They run 10 km everyday. I stopped in my second and I waited for them in the nearest coffeshop. On and off for the past two decades I've even taken aerobic lessons and assisted to a fitness female gym. I also bought a bike (and I rode it), only because it's so good for a healthy lifestyle. What I can't stand is the faking smily face and the expected whoops pretending you are enjoying a lot while you're sweating and in need of a highflew oxygen mask. I don't enjoy, in fact, I'm doing an extra-effort, so at least, let me pout.
Nevertheless today I went for skating with my kid, the first time since I was 10, because I am a dynamic and enthusiastic mother.....there's a skating club indoors within 5 minutes by car from home. And there we were....ready for the exercise. After 10 minutes I overbalanced and I fell down on my bottom. I screamed in pain for my elbow that was hit against the floor. Inmediately a couple of skating assistants were by my side asking me if I needed some help or something for drink (it had been good a mix drink, really). But what I did was to get up and carry on with the skating. After all I remain the same dynamic and enthusiastic mother.....and I have ibuprophene at home.

No hay duda. No soy deportista. Odio hacer ejercicio. Siempre fui mala para los deportes en general. Educación Física en el colegio era una pesadilla.Pero por aquella época aún me esforzaba al máximo para conseguir notas aceptables o puede que para ser más popular. A los 13 años, pertenecía al equipo de voleibol del colegio. En realidad no sé por qué. De todas formas la mayoría del tiempo estaba chupando banquillo. Sin embargo aquello no me impidió establecer un récord: derribar cada una de las vallas en la carrera de salto de vallas (mi profesora de gimnasia me animaba a pasar la prueba...gritándome: Sí, tú puedes!!!....Vamosssss!!! ....y yo corría y saltaba sin éxito una y otra vez, destrozando mis rodillas aún más en cada caída. Totalmente desalentador. Terminando mis estudios en la universidad decidí unirme a un par de amigas que preparaban las pruebas físicas de acceso a la Guardia Civil. Ellas corrían 10 km al día. Yo al segundo km paraba y las esperaba en la cafetería más cercana. De un modo intermitente a lo largo de las últimas dos décadas he tomado clases de aerobic y asistido a un gimnasio femenino. Me compré una bici (y he montado). Y todo porque es tan bueno para un estilo de vida saludable. Lo que no soporto es la fingida sonrisa y los grititos de placer que se esperan de tí porque supuestamente estás disfrutando mucho mientras sudas y necesitas una mascarilla de oxígeno de alto flujo. No disfruto. De hecho estoy haciendo un sobreesfuerzo, así que al menos, deja que ponga cara de pocos amigos.
A pesar de todo hoy he ido a patinar con mi chaval, la primera vez desde los 10 años, porque soy una madre dinámica y entusiasta...hay un club de patinaje en un recinto cerrado a 5 minutos en coche de casa. Y allí estábamos...preparados para el ejercicio. A los 10 minutos perdí el equilibrio y me caí de culo. Grité de dolor por mi codo que se había golpeado contra el suelo. Inmediatamente una pareja de monitores estaban a mi lado preguntándome si necesitaba ayuda o quería algo de beber (un copazo hubiera estado bien, la verdad). Pero lo que hice fue levantarme y seguir patinando. Al fin y al cabo sigo siendo la misma madre dinámica y entusiasta....y tengo ibuprofeno en casa.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario