miércoles, 28 de enero de 2015

Lesson 32. Ready for the Job market

If you're not registered in the Nursing & Midwife Council you can not work as a nurse in the U.K. not even for a private company. I knew it before moving here. I got some information about it in Spain. I arranged and prepared a few documents, essential to get a job, during my last Christmas holidays. A Policy record, among others. Now an official English translator has to translate all the original documents from Spanish into English. One of my new friends has provided me a list of licensed translators and I've sent to one of them on email the documents. You need also a certified copy (no needed translation) of the NIC and Qualifitacion in your training country, so you have to look for a legal practitioner or another authority that could do it. There are a huge amount of Spanish nurses working in England. It's not difficult to get advice if you know where to look for it. But there is a really awkward task that nobody can do for you. And that's reporting a complete employment reference including practice area and specific duties. The form only has three boxes and it's written "if you have worked in more than three places, please continue on another sheet of paper". Sorry, I have more than 45 work contract along over 20 years since I graduated!!!! Filling this part has taken two weeks, a neck pain and looking up the dictionary for long hours.
Now that I've finished this part of the work, I'm doing my Curriculum Vitae, which I suspect it´s going to be a weary task as well.So my plan is reasonably going ahead. When I get my PIN (personal identification nurse) number, I'll be able to apply for a job. In addition, I'm feeling more confident with the language the last days and this is a great step for me. I'm looking forward to being envolved in the job market again. A new challenge for me. Good for me. Good for my family. The "green job" is coming soon, at least I hope so.


Si no estás registrada en el 'Colegio de Enfermería y Matronas' no puedes trabajar de enfermera en el Reino Unido, ni siquiera para una empresa privada. Lo sabía antes de venir aquí. Conseguí algo de información sobre el tema en España. Solicité y preparé algunos documentos, indispensables para  conseguir un empleo, durante mis vacaciones de Navidad. Un certificado de antecedentes penales,  entre otros. Ahora un traductor oficial inglés tiene que traducir todos los documentos originales de español a inglés. Uno de mis nuevos amigos me ha facilitado un listado de traductores con licencia y  he enviado a uno de ellos por correo electrónico los documentos. También necesitas una copia certificada (no necesita traducción) del DNI y la Titulación de donde te formaste, así que tienes que buscar un abogado u otra autoridad que pueda hacerlo. Hay una enorme cantidad de enfermeras españolas trabajando en Inglaterra. No es difícil conseguir asesoramiento si sabes dónde buscarlo. Pero hay una tarea realmente latosa que nadie puede hacer por tí. Y es proporcionar un historial completo de empleo que incluya los servicios y detalle las obligaciones y tareas en cada uno. El formulario sólo tiene tres recuadros y está escrito " si ha trabajado en más de tres sitios, por favor continúe en otro folio" Perdone? Tengo más de 45 contratos de trabajo a lo largo de los más de 20 años que terminé mis estudios en la universidad!!! Rellenar esta parte me ha llevado dos semanas, dolor de cervicales y consultar el diccionario muchas horas. Ahora que he terminado esta parte del trabajo, estoy haciendo mi C.V. y sospecho que va a ser una tarea tediosa también. Así mi plan está avanzando razonablemente. Cuando consiga mi número de colegiada podré solicitar un trabajo. Además me voy sintiendo más segura con el idioma los últimos días y esto es un gran paso para mí. Estoy deseando estar de nuevo en el mercado laboral. Un nuevo reto para mí. Bueno para mí. Bueno para mi familia. El "trabajo verde" va a llegar pronto. Al menos, así lo espero.


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario