domingo, 16 de noviembre de 2014

Lesson 20 . Long grey days



16/Nov/14

After a couple of weeks in Spain,  the coming back to the real, wet, chilly and foggy England has hit me hardly. They told me that the first winter was the worst (not being with no whatsapp, as I thought) and I trust them, but I realize it's still Autum and the days are becoming short quickly. This afternoon we were skating with my son. When we went out from the Sports Centre at 17h  it was completely dark and a light rain was falling down. My boy asked me: is it dark night yet? So it's time for dinner, isn't it??
Everything is closed at 5 p.m. even coffee shops, at least on Sundays. Best you can do is coming back home, maybe watching T.V. for a while and just cooking for an early dinner.
I'm not feeling very comfortable having lunch at twelve or dinner at seven (Ok, we have it at eight). It's probably the most difficult change in our green life, and also moving the main meal to the evening  despiste the midday. In fact, I've only got to have my breakfast early in the morning whith no problema. The rest of meals are out of my usual timetable, that's why I'm never hungry at the expecting time.... And honestly, I'm afraid it'll be always a lost battle.




Tras un par de semanas en España, la vuelta a la auténtica, húmeda, fría y brumosa Inglaterra me ha golpeado duramente. Me dijeron que el primer invierno era lo peor (y no estar sin whatsapp como yo pensaba), y me lo creo, pero me doy cuenta que aún estamos en Otoño y los días se acortan muy rapidamente. Esta tarde estuvimos patinando con mi hijo. Cuando salimos del palacio de deportes a las 17h era totalmente de noche y caía una ligera lluvia. Mi niño me preguntó:"ya es de noche?, entonces ya tenemos que cenar ?".
A las 5 de la tarde está todo cerrando, incluso las cafeterías, al menos los domingos. Lo mejor que puedes hacer es irte a casa, quizá ver la tele un rato, y prepar la cena temprano.
No me siento muy cómoda comiendo a las doce o cenando a las siete (de acuerdo, lo hacemos a las ocho). Probablemente es el cambio más difícil de nuestra vida verde y también cambiar la comida principal a la tarde en vez de a mediodía. De hecho sólo he conseguido desayunar temprano sin problema. El resto de comidas están fuera de mi horario habitual por lo que nunca tengo hambre a la hora esperada.... Y honestamente, me temo que es una batalla perdida.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario