viernes, 19 de febrero de 2016

Lesson 67. Holiday?

  Generally speaking I loathe half-terms, particularly this one, at the end of our chill, grey and rainy February. As it was arriving I have been getting more and more anxious and stressed. Everybody knows how complex it is to match school holiday with working parents without any family support. The quest for a children activity day that covers the whole parents workday has driven me crazy. No wonder that we took our son to the multisport activity the wrong day, when it was actually running the spy experience which, certainly, we hadn't booked. Luckily he was admitted on-the-fly.

  Afterwards the consequential apologies to the football coach who was managing the group which it was suppossed my son had to attend instead. Furthermore I had to politely ask him if there was any chance the boy could join them other day (in other village by the way) as he had missed the activity. Well, everything is sorted now. They agreed.

  Winter holiday aren't in fact real holiday unless you are so lucky to pop in a ski resort and spend the week enjoying the snow. Dreaming is free.....though not always. I must have been dreaming of something like that last week when I put my mobile phone in the washing machine along with the laundry and I didn't realize it until fifteen minutes later. As a result, my mobile has died, despite it was buried in rice for three days as I was strongly recommended. I have lost the faith in rice as a magic solution for soaked phones. I had no choice. I've borrowed my husband's old iPhone which he has generously given me over. I hadn't have the ski resort holiday but I have a fantastic husband, because although he is believed that I'm going to screw up again, he has thrown away his precious treasure.


  En general aborrezco las vacaciones escolares, sobre todo ésta, al final de nuestro frío, gris y lluvioso febrero. Según iba llegando me he ido poniendo más y más ansiosa y tensa. Todo el mundo sabe lo complejo que es casar las vacaciones escolares con los padres trabajadores sin apoyo familiar. La búsqueda de una actividad que cubra la jornada laboral de los padres me ha vuelto loca. No Es de extrañar que lleváramos a nuestro hijo a la "actividad multideportiva" el día equivocado, cuando de hecho lo que se estaba haciendo era la "experiencia espía" que, en realidad, no habíamos reservado. Menos mal que lo admitieron sobre la marcha.

  Más tarde las correspondientes disculpas al entrenador de fútbol que dirigía el grupo al cual supuestamente tendría que haber ido mi hijo en vez del otro. Además tuve que educadamente preguntarle si había alguna posibilidad de que el niño pudiera unirse a ellos otro día (por cierto en otro pueblo) ya que había perdido la actividad. Bueno todo está arreglado ahora. Aceptaron.

  Las vacaciones de invierno no son, de hecho, vacaciones reales salvo que tengas la suerte de
dejarte caer por una estación de esquí y pasar la semana difrutando de la nieve. Soñar es gratis....aunque no siempre. Debo haber estado soñando con algo parecido la pasada semana cuando metí mi movil en la lavadora junto con la colada y no me dí cuenta hasta que habían pasado quince minutos. Con lo cual, mi movil ha muerto, a pesar de enterrarlo en arroz tres días tal y como me recomendaron. He perdido la fé en el arroz como solución mágica para móviles empapados. No tuve elección. He tomado prestado el antiguo iPhone de mi marido que él me ha donado generosamente. No he tenido las vacaciones en la estación de esquí pero tengo un marido estupendo, porque aunque él está convencido de que voy a pifiarla otra vez, se ha desprendido de su preciado tesoro.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario