martes, 9 de enero de 2018

Lesson 100. Happy 100 lessons!!!

  It’s been three years and a half we started the adventure. Shortly after I decided, encouraged by a good friend, to write these little pieces of my own life and experiences. What began unassumingly as an exercise to improve my writing as well has become eventually a precious treasure to me. Actually I’ve just reread a handful of lessons though. Some of them make me blush due to their poor grammar and many mistakes. However I’m proud of having tried and overcoming my fears of being so exposed. Partially because you, my dear secret readers, are a devoted and sympathetic audience. Despite all I don’t write thinking of you but of my own needs.

  Now here I am, a hundred lessons later, looking at the screen of my tablet, tempted to list my achievements or  my expectations  for this incipient year but I won’t, it’s tedious and boring. I’m lazy and those list simply don’t work for me. I can’t avoid, though, having a quick thought of the people I’ve met, the dozens of  (embarrassing) misunderstandings, the (always short) journeys, the (glorious) pubs, the (long) afternoons at Recreation, the (crazy) nights out, the (thrilling) live music, the (fascinating) sheep, the (challenging) jobs, some (charming) patients, my (beautiful) classmates, my (outstanding) teachers, the (at first enigmatic) PTA, the secret Santa’s, the Friday’s coffees, those who (sadly) left, the plays, the (subtitled) Telly, the (proudly read) books, the (risky) driving, the (hundreds of) cuppas, the BBQs, the (inconvenient) rain, the (silent) snow, the laughters and the tears.... this green life unfairly summarized in just one hundred lessons. I didn’t mean to make any list, I swear!

  This unplanned blog will keep safely these years of my life. It ended up being a right decision and I’m very grateful to those who contributed in any way to carried it out at last. To those who some time have read it, many thanks too. I hope you’ll come along for the ride. Happy 100 lessons!!!


  Ha hecho tres años y medio que empezamos la aventura. Poco después decidí, alentada por una buena amiga, escribir estos pequeños episodios de mi propia vida y experiencias. Lo que comenzó sin pretensiones también como un ejercicio para mejorar mi inglés escrito,al final se ha convertido en un preciado tesoro para mí. Aunque en realidad sólo he releído un puñado de lecciones. Algunas de ellas me hacen sonrojar por su pobre gramática y sus muchos errores. Sin embargo me siento orgullosa de haberlo intentado y de superar mi miedo a estar tan expuesta. En parte porque vosotros, mis queridos secretos lectores, sois un público entregado y comprensivo. A pesar de ello no escribo pensando en vosotros sino en my propia necesidad. 

  Aquí estoy ahora, tras un centenar de lecciones, mirando la pantalla de mi tableta, tentada de enumerar mis logros o mis expectativas para Estel incipiente año pero no lo haré, es tedioso y aburrido. Soy perezosa y esas listas simplemente no me funcionan. No puedo evitar, sin embargo, pensar por un momento en las personas que he conocido, las docenas de (embarazosos) malentendidos, los (siempre cortos) viajes, los (gloriosos) pubs, las (largas) tardes en el parque, las (locas) salidas de noche, la (emocionante) música en directo, las (fascinantes) ovejas, los (estimulantes) empleos, algunos (encantadores) pacientes, mis (preciosas) compis de clase, mis (fuera de serie) profes, la (al principio enigmática) AMPA, los amigos invisibles, los cafés de los viernes, aquellos que (tristemente) se fueron, las obras de teatro, la tele (subtitulada), los libros (orgullosamente leídos), la (arriesgada) conducción, los (cientos) de tés, las barbacoas, la (incómoda) lluvia, la (silenciosa) nieve, las risas y las lágrimas....esta vida verde injustamente resumida en solo cien lecciones. No iba a hacer ninguna lista, lo juro!

  Este blog no planeado mantendrá a salvo estos años de mi vida. Resultó un acierto y estoy muy agradecida a todos los que han contribuido en algún modo a que finalmente se llevara a cabo. A aquellos que en alguna ocasión lo han leído, muchas gracias también. Espero que me acompañéis en el viaje. Felices 100 lecciones!!!

  

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario