lunes, 16 de enero de 2017

Lesson 83. The 2.30 pm call

  It's 2.30 pm. The telephone rings. I bet my life it's again the "boiler call"....Bingo!!! Do these people never get tired??? Don't they know I'm not the owner of this property therefore I'm not who can decide whether or not it'd be great to change the boiler as "Winter is coming" (as they have been reminding me since September or so)??. Of course they DON'T. Otherwise they would have given in yet. That machine that speaks to me each Monday indefatigably remains calling me. GO TO HELL, damn little and artificial ugly voice!!!! I want you to know that I deeply hate your perfect diction, your immaculate pronunciation, your Queen English and your neutral pitch. I want you to know that after your first sentence "Now that Winter is coming..." (by the way I assure you it's in fact here) I start to swear (I must admit mostly in Spanish) out loud. I want you to know that I've nearly thrown my poor telephone against the wall twice. And finally I want you to know that I've never, since you bother me, waited until your monotonous speech finishes to hang up the phone. Ohhhh what an inmense pleasure is to ignore you, hanging up the phone whilst you're still speaking HA HA HA!!!

  Nevertheless today has been different. I don't know why but today I had enough patience and curiosity as well to let you end your boooooring yack. I secretly hoped to end up speaking with a real person (I even wouldn't had  minded that he/she'd had been a British-Indian, a Scottish or someone from Newcastle chewing gum). I was ready to have a friendly chat with any human being about calling people for endless months. I'd have begged him/her to stop the calls, FOR GOODNESS SAKE!!! But that has been totally unnecessary and here comes the tragic and miserable full stop of my pathetic and long agony: "If you are not interested in renovating your old boiler press 9 and you will be removed from our records" . UPS !!!

  So I did. That's all. I don't hold a grudge. I even might miss you on Monday afternoons...


Son las 2.30 de la tarde. Suena el teléfono. Me juego el cuello que es otra vez la "llamada de la caldera"...Bingo!!! Esta gente no se cansa nunca??? No saben que no soy la propietaria de esta casa y por lo tanto no soy yo quien puede decidir si sería o no genial cambiar la caldera ya que "el invierno está llegando" (como me han estado recordando desde septiembre o así)??. Desde luego que NO LO SABEN. Si no ya habrían desistido. Esa máquina que me habla cada lunes sigue infatigablemente llamándome. VETE AL CUERNO, maldita artificial y fea vocecita!!! Quiero que sepas que odio profundamente tu perfecta dicción, tu pronunciación inmaculada, tu inglés de la reina y tu tono neutro. Quiero que sepas que tras tu primera frase "Ahora que llega el invierno..." (por cierto te aseguro que, de hecho, ya está aquí) empiezo a decir tacos (debo admitir que mayormente en español)  en voz alta. Quiero que sepas que casi he tirado my pobre teléfono contra la pared en dos ocasiones. Y por último quiero que sepas que nunca, desde que me das la matraca, he esperado a que termine tu discurso monótono para colgar el teléfono. Ohhhh qué inmenso placer es ignorarte, colgando el teléfono mientras que tú aún estás hablando JA JA JA!!!

  Sin embargo hoy ha sido distinto. No sé por qué pero hoy tuve bastante paciencia y también curiosidad para dejarte acabar tu parloteo aburriiiiiiiido. Esperaba secretamente acabar hablando con una persona real (no me hubiera importado incluso que hubiera sido indio británico, escocés o alguien de Newcastle comiendo chicle). Estaba preparada para tener una amigable charla con cualquier ser humano acerca de llamar a la gente por meses sin fin. Le habría rogado que dejara de llamar POR EL AMOR DE DIOS!!! Pero ha sido totalmente innecesario y aquí viene el miserable y trágico punto y final de mi patética y larga agonía: "Si no está interesado en renovar su vieja caldera pulse 9 y será eliminado de nuestro registro". UPS!!!

  Y eso hice. Eso es todo. No te guardo rencor. Puede incluso que llegue a echarte de menos los lunes por la tarde...




No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario